IELTS SPEAKING BAND 9, TOPIC: AN OUTDOOR ACTIVITY | IELTS PRACTICE CHANNEL
ELTS speaking questions with answers
On the following pages, you will find IELTS speaking questions with answers which taken from real IELTS Speaking Tests.
These are provided so you can see the kind of questions you may get and possible ways to answer them.
They will also give you ideas of the sorts of things you can talk about. They are not here for you to try and learn them to use in the test because that won’t help you.
Firstly, although there are common topics that come up, they can all vary slightly, so if you give a learned response you may not answer the question. Also, examiners will be able to spot if you are using learned responses as you will not sound natural.
The following IELTS speaking questions with answers are based on part 2 and part 3 of the test.
Describe an outdoor activity that you like doing.
You should say:
what this activity is
when you do it
where you do it
and explain why you like it
1. Would you say people spend more time outdoors today than they did, say, 20 years ago?
2. Are there any outdoor activities that many people used to do but which most people don’t do now?
3. What are the most popular outdoor activities in your country?
4. Do old and young people like doing the same kinds of activities outdoors?
5. What do you think are some of the differences between working outdoors, compared to say, working in an office?
6. Do people in China prefer to work indoors or outdoors?
7. If you had to choose an outdoors job, what would you choose to do?
8. How do you think climate and the environment affect what activities people do outdoors?
9. Do you think the air quality in your hometown has improved or worsened in recent years?
10. Do you think it will be easy for the government to solve environmental problems?
11. How do you think the environment in your hometown should be changed?